How can I apply?
Interested students can apply every year during summer at firstname.lastname@example.org for the following winter semester.
Please hand in your:
- transcript of records (bachelor's and master's degree)
- degree programme and semester information
- letter of motivation
Is there an application deadline?
Our application period usually starts in July and ends in August. Deadlines for the next round are published each year in our events section.
About two weeks after the deadline we inform all applicants by email about whether or not they can participate in our KPE project. All selected students need to confirm their participation again by email.
Who can participate?
The practical project KPE is open to:
- master students of mechanical engineering and economics at the Leibniz University Hannover
- bachelor students of economics in their 6th semester and above
Please note that the number of participants is limited to 18.
What is the project schedule?
The advanced training programme KPE lasts one semester. After the kick-off event at the beginning of the semester, the work on your practical project begins. Parallel to this, you will attend seminars on project management and presentation techniques as well as a management tutorial. KPE ends with the presentation of your project results at the end of the winter semester.
What tasks can I expect?
KPE focuses on project work, tasks and working in a network. Together with your team you work on a development project independently and under your own responsibility.
The task may consist of the following elements:
- construction and modelling of components and assembly units with CAD
- usage of information technology for simultaneous engineering
- building work schedules
- calculation of components and production steps
- development and planning of production facilities
- investment calculation
- presentation of results