In the context of our semester project KPE, we want to teach the students an understanding of the product creation and life cycle. In small interdisciplinary teams the participants independently work on a real life development project and apply the knowledge they gained during their studies. This will train both team work and project management skills.
KPE focuses on the practical project that you will execute for an industrial partner in a team together with other KPE participants. There are seminars that will prepare you to work on your task. You will present your results in an interim and a final presentation.
The project work begins in autumn and ends in March. In teams of 5 to 8 members you will work on an issue of the industry partner. If you have any questions feel free to contact the research associates of the involved institutes.
With the beginning of the winter semester all KPE participants attend a seminar on project management. During that seminar you will learn how to structure a project systematically. Together with the seminar instructor you will draw up a plan for your practical project. You will independently arrange your duties concerning your project .
A further component of KPE is a seminar on presentation techniques. The content covers the structured design of presentations, the meaning of body language and the persuasive representation of contents.
In addition, you will complete a management tutorial together with the other KPE participants. You will aquire the knowledge about economics that you will need to work on your project.
An automobile manufacturer contributes to our practical project. In the course of the project the KPE participants obtain an insight into the different production processes.
By participating in the semester project KPE you will not only benefit in a professional way. Additional advantages are:
- insights into the production processes of a globally operating automotive manufacturer
- valuable practical experience from industry-oriented project work
- development of your own ability to work in a team through interdisciplinary co-operation
- know-how in presentation techniques and project management
- credition of up to 10 credit points (ECTS)
- certificate of participation*
* You will receive your KPE certificate after you actively participated in your project team and all seminars.